What Is Sharia?
Sharia, or Islamic Law, is a fascist system of government that conflicts with the Constitution of the United States, and with basic principles of freedom and individual rights that are commonly held in the West. Although Islamic Law comes from Islam, there are millions of Muslims in the world who are opposed to it. However, that is not universally the case; there are also millions of Muslims in the world who believe Sharia is a requirement of their religion, and seek to ultimately impose it world-wide.
Although Westerners are (slowly) beginning to become more savvy about Jihad ideology, very few non-Muslims at present really understand Sharia, or its relationship to Jihad. This is unfortunate, as Sharia poses as much of a threat to our way of life as Jihad, if not more. In addition, Sharia gives us an opportunity: Because Sharia and Jihad are tightly interconnected, if support for Sharia declines in the Muslim world, support for Jihad will decline as well.
The links below will take you to introductory articles about Sharia posted on Citizens Against Sharia:
- Jihad is required by Sharia: This section includes legal writings from the four major schools of Sharia on the subject of Jihad. It also describes the Islamic doctrine of “ijma”, or consensus of the legal scholars, which is part of the foundation of Sharia.
- Worldwide Sharia is the goal of Jihad: This section gives numerous links showing evidence of what the Jihadists want.
What would happen if Sharia under a global Caliphate were accomplished, whether through violent Jihad or peacefully? This question is discussed in the article entitled What About a Peaceful Jihad?
- What Are The Goals of Jihad? It is to remove all un-Islamic regimes from power and install Islamic government, ultimately to be united under a global Islamic Caliphate.
- What is an Islamic Caliphate? The Caliphate would be the Islamic world if ruled by a Caliph.
- What is Islamic Law? Here are some examples, in the areas of apostasy, freedom of expression, women, non-Muslims, and gays.
- To What Degree Do Muslims Support Sharia? No one really knows exactly. However, there are some disturbing indications that support for Sharia is widespread among Muslims. In addition, due to ignorance, there is little organized opposition to it among non-Muslims.
- What to do about it? Let’s start by getting rid of the taboo about discussing it.
Islamic Law and the Constitution: Are They Compatible? The short answer is: no, they are not. This article explains why not.